Building Officer, Estates Department, Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 2015
The Dust Barr
As part of our collaborative supply relationship with the RVI, Caterform designed, and manufactured the Dust Barr as an infection control solution to airborne contaminants when cleaning and maintaining ceiling mounted items in critical hospital areas.
The Dust Barr was produced for maintenance and infection control professionals with collaboration of maintenance and infection control professionals.
It is an efficient environment containment unit which collects dust particles and pathogens disturbed during maintenance that become airborne and contaminate patients, practitioners, and surfaces.
- Protection: Dust Barr aids the protection of patients, employees and facilities from airborne pathogens during maintenance of ceiling mounted items.
- Flexibility: Dust Barr enables, maintenance to ceiling mounted items to be undertaken without the closure of wards and critical areas.
- Durability: Dust Barr is light weight, with a sturdy aluminium frame and PVC curtain.
- Productivity: Dust Barr is raised and lowered in seconds by one person only.
- Dynamism: Dust Barr fits various spaces from 800 mm wide up to 3 meters high.
- Sustainability: Dust Barr reduces repeat purchasing and land fill waste encountered during maintenance work. Its aluminium frame can be recycled if required.
- Practicality: Dust Barr is easily stored and cleaned with standard cleaning agents.
Now available for Purchase and Rental
Dust Barr Accessories
You can accessorise your Dust Barr with a small air purifier which sits beneath the internal steps. This recirculates the internal air, and uses both HEPA and Molecular filters to trap airborne spores; further reducing air contamination. Because the unit sits inside the Dust Barr it does not create an output of air on the ward.
For further information on this equipment and its accessories, please Click here or email email@example.com
Hospitals already using the Dust Barr include:
- Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Morecambe Bay hospital Trust
- Darlington Hospital
- South Tyneside Hospital
South Tyneside Hospital, 2016